Downtown Glendale is full of free parking. Here is a map of the three large city structures that feature 90 minutes of FREE parking, no validation required.
The Galleria, of course, has free parking, and many people park there and walk to The Americana. However, they may not be aware of The Americana's generous validation policies. Here is parking information for The Americana (as of June 2011):
Enter Americana Way off Central Avenue or Brand BoulevardOr just bike! Free for as long as you want, and now there are racks all over downtown Glendale.
- 1st Hour - Free without validation
- 2nd Hour - $3.00 - Free with merchant validation
- 3rd Hour - $5.00 -Free with participating restaurant validation
- 4th Hour - $7.00 -Free with Pacific Theaters validation
- 5th Hour - $9.00 -Daily Maximum
I've asked my employer to pay me directly what they would have been spending on my monthly parking pass ($60), so I pocket that money and just bike to work. Saves me money, reduces congestion downtown. Win win.