Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slot Car Racing in Burbank!

This weekend was epic. On Friday, Natalie and I went to an LA Sparks game at the Staples Center and had a late dinner at The Pantry. The Sparks were FANTASTIC! On Saturday we visited to The Autry Museum, went shooting at Firing Line, brought a picnic to Treasure of the Sierra Madre at Hollywood Forever cemetery - which included a wonderful introduction and post-film Q&A by Werner Herzog that was interrupted by fireworks. We finished off our weekend with the superb Sunday prix-fixe dinner at Church and State. Phew. And in the middle of it all, we stumbled upon a slot car track in Burbank. I had never raced slot cars, so as soon as I saw the "SLOT CAR TRACK - COME RACE" sign I slammed on my brakes and giddily ran inside. For $8 a person per half hour, you can use their slot car track and cars. If you bring your own cars, it's $5 a half hour. Natalie and I enjoyed a delightful half hour of electric racing glory, although we sent our cars skidding off the track on most laps!

Victory Vintage
200 North Victory Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
818-842-4503

Hours:
M - F 11 to 7
Sat 10 to 5
Sun 12 to 4








No comments: