Monday, September 15, 2008

Granville Cafe Has Amazing Pancakes*


Yes, these are some the best pancakes I've ever had...in the same league as the perfect flapjacks at Auntie Em's in Eagle Rock. They can be found on weekends at Granville Cafe at The Americana. The pancakes ($7.95) are heaven: fluffy and not too dense...and served with real maple syrup.

The coffee ($1.75) was also excellent, and the waitress even offered to give me a refill in a to-go cup. I also tried a bacon-avocado-cheese omelette with potatoes ($7.95), which was okay but not especially memorable. Get the pancakes!

Breakfast is served on weekends until 2pm.

Granville Cafe

807 Americana Way (it's really on Brand near In N' Out)
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 550-0472

There is also a Granville on San Fernando Road in Downtown Burbank.

*Updated 09/21/08 with a more appetizing photo.

3 comments:

Jeff Lowe said...

Yummy! I need to try them sometime.
I was up at 3, too.

Phyllis Harb said...

Each time I go to the Americana, I conflict over where to eat. I have yet tried Granville, but will make sure I do. Thanks for the review.

Scott said...

Every time i go, I pretty much just end up at Granville.