Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Breakfast At Angela's

This week I finally tried breakfast at Angela's Bistro. I ordered the french toast special with eggs, bacon and a small coffee. The food was very good, particularly the soft, buttery french toast. My dining companion had the oatmeal with slivered almonds. The grand total for my order came out to $6.61 with tax, which is eminently reasonable. The cafe is a pleasant place to sit, with a nice view of Wilson and Brand from the window.

French toast breakfast special.

Oatmeal with slivered almonds, $2.00.

112 E Wilson Ave
Glendale, CA 91206
(818) 240-0382

I haven't found many good breakfasts in downtown Glendale. Urartu Coffee on Maryland serves a good croissant breakfast sandwich called the Urartu omelette. Foxy's is good for a diner breakfast, but gets crazy crowded on weekends. I've always been disappointed at Eat Well. Any downtown breakfast recommendations?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EATWELL!

Scott said...

Whoops, I meant to say Eat Well in my post. I live very close to Eat Well but have usually been disappointed with the food there.

Mike said...

Where do you stand on the Toasted Bun? Granted, the food's just OK, and the coffee is hit or miss, but we love the environment enough to make it one of our breakfast standards.

Scott said...

The Toasted Bun is a good, honest diner with seasoned waitresses and cool pictures on the wall. In my experience, the food has actually been pretty good. Definitely a step up from Eat Well and a better value than Foxy's.

Chris said...

I am partial to the Toasted Bun, but only because it is 3 blocks away from home.