Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tropico Station Endorses Laura Friedman For Glendale City Council

My absence has unfortunately coincided with the Glendale City Council election, which I have rather shamefully neglected covering. So this is long overdue, but I am officially endorsing Laura Friedman for Glendale City Council.

Laura is a smart, strong, capable woman who is fully qualified to serve on the council. Specifically, I believe she is truly dedicated to environmental issues and like her plan for revitalizing the San Fernando corridor with arts related businesses. With her in office, we can help Glendale become a more progressive, environmentally and arts friendly city in a fiscally responsible manner. I felt strongly enough about this to do some volunteering for the campaign and host a meet and greet for Laura in my home. A vote for her is a step in the right direction.

In addition to my meager endorsement, she has also been endorsed by the Glendale Firefighters' Association, The Glendale Police Officers' Assocation, The Glendale News-Press, The Los Angeles League of Conservation Voters, the LA County Democratic Party and The Sierra Club. The election is this Tuesday, April 7th. Get out there and vote.

While I'm on the election, I'd like to give thanks to the blogger at Sunroom Desk for her indispensable volunteer coverage of the nuts and bolts of the city council candidate forums and the election generally.

No comments: