Sunday, April 26, 2009

Signed Up For the LA River Ride

I'm posting this publicly so I can't wimp out - I just signed up for the LA County Bicycle Coalition's LA River Ride on June 7th. Specifically, I signed up for the 70 mile route from Griffith to Long Beach and back.

The most I've ever biked in a day is about 40 miles, so 70 will be a challenge. After months of not biking, I've been on my bike almost every day for the last month, and a few weeks ago I did 30 miles on my knobby-tired mountain bike without any difficulty, so hopefully I'll be okay once I get back on the road bike and start racking up miles. Who wants to train?

5 comments:

Anna L said...

You totally can do it! Did I tell you I biked up from Glendale Transportation Center to my apartment yesterday? It was rough, but it actually wasn't as steep as I had imagined. I was thinking about volunteering for the LA River Ride, so maybe I'll see you there :)

Scott said...

sign up for the 70 mile route and train with me! i'm going to try to do at least 30 or 40 miles every weekend after i get back from Joshua Tree. time to dust off the road bike...

ULI said...

This is great, thanks for telling us about the 70 mile ride.. I think I might sign up.

Anna L said...

I'm going to volunteer SAG support for the ride. I did this ride last year kinda, but when we got to long beach, decided to eat lunch and take the train back, haha. I'll train with you for the ride though!

Angeles crest? :)

Scott said...

Sounds good! I'm a terrible climber, though. (on a bike at least!) Gotta work on that.