Friday, September 21, 2012

Spectacular Photos of the Space Shuttle Endeavour Over Los Angeles (and Glendale)

These are my photos of the Space Shuttle Endeavour taking a victory lap around Los Angeles before being moved to its permanent home at the California Science Center.  My initial plan was to go to the Griffith Observatory, but I heard it was incredibly crowded so I went to Elysian Park, which turned out to be a great spot.  It was truly awe-inspiring to see the Shuttle in flight.










My vantage point in Elysian Park:


4 comments:

Jeff Lowe said...

Fantastic photos! I was surprised how emotional I was.

Nicole Charky said...

Great pictures. @Jeff - You're right - it was an oddly emotional moment at JPL, too. Everyone seemed to take a breath together when they first watched the shuttle fly above.

Phyllis Harb said...

It was a proud moment and an opportunity for everyone to unite. I thought it was beautiful

Chris Nichols said...

I had a great view from Barnsdall Park, but check out Moby's pictures of it flying directly over his head!

http://www.lamag.com/askchrisblog/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10441428