Sunday, February 15, 2009

Glendale News-Press Open House, Thursday 02/15/09

Departing Glendale News-Press and Burbank Leader Editor Danette Goulet's farewell letter contains an invitation to the newsroom:
And so I am asking you all for one more thing as we embark on the process of finding my replacement: Tell us what you think we should be looking for. I invite, and encourage, input. This is your community paper. You’ve never been shy in giving me your opinion before, so let it fly.

E-mail your thoughts to me, or better yet, come on down and tell me. We’re holding an open house from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Glendale News-Press’ office, 221 N. Brand Blvd., where you will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with the entire staff, say good riddance to me and tell John O’Loughlin and me in person what you think we should look for in a new newsroom leader.
I pass the building every day and am curious to see the newsroom.

Sunroom Desk has an interesting response to Franklin Avenue's critique of the News-Press last week, which I wrote about previously.

1 comment:

Sunroom Desk said...

I don't pass by the building as often as you do, but I do plan to take advantage of the Open House invitation and see the newsroom.